ANAKBAYAN (“Sons and Daughters of the People”) is a comprehensive national democratic youth and student organization.
ANAKBAYAN upholds the interests and demands of the Filipino youth and the people by educating, organizing, and mobilizing them to fight for education, employment, land, democratic rights, and social services for Filipinos here in Canada and the Philippines.
ANAKBAYAN believes youth are agents of social change and thus aims to build unity among Filipino youth of all backgrounds — immigrant, Canadian-born/raised, student, working, LGBT, women, artists, etc — to create systemic change.
ANAKBAYAN Toronto is one of its overseas chapters with the mandate to:
• To conduct human rights and social justice education for its members and the public.
• To launch integration programs with the most disadvantaged sectors of Philippine society – urban poor and peasant communities in the Philippines, migrant workers overseas.
• To study and analyze the needs, conditions, and interests of the youths.
• To undertake activities that will unite and mobilize the membership.
• To advance the struggle for the interests and welfare of the youth and the Filipino people.
ANAKBAYAN Montreal and Toronto are chapters of ANAKBAYAN-Philippines, and member organizations of BAYAN Canada.
ANAKBAYAN TORONTO is also a member organization of the International League of Peoples’ Struggle (ILPS) and International Migrants Alliance (IMA).